French B SL Written Assignment topic choice?

tickTOK

The information given to me by my teacher is a bit confusing in this regard, so I thought I would ask here: Do we get to choose our own topic (using the core topics) for our written assignment? Keep in mind this is for SL. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited by tickTOK

Students produce a piece of writing that may be chosen from the recommended text types listed for paper 2 in this section, after discussion with the teacher as an advisor. The task should be suitable for a piece of writing no more than 400 words in length. The content must be linked to one or more of the core topics and based on the information gathered from the three (minimum) or four (maximum) sources such as articles, blogs, audio/visual materials and interviews selected by the student in consultation with the teacher.

Yes, you get to choose the topic and pick the sources but you need to check with your teacher that the subject and the sources are appropriate.