IB grades question

Diana Kim

As far as I understand you could theoretically get a 2 in a SL subject along as you get higher grades like 6or 7s in other subjects to have a pass. However, i font think you can get more than two subjects under a 4. You can also help your overall grade with getting a high score in your tok and ee. I suggest that you ask your teacher about it though. You should also look at the university or course for the grade requirements for each subject. I hope that this helps you!

On 1/25/2017 at 4:33 PM, Diana Kim said:

Thank you for replying. I'm actually fine with other subjects... it's just one subject- visual art.. Anyway, thank you again.

Hi there,

To be honest, I'm not surprised that it's Visual Art you're having trouble with. It can be quite a tough subject to achieve a high score in if you don't keep up, especially with your process journal and research.

I'm doing quite well in Visual Arts so if you ever need help, feel free to ask me or private message me. Have you gotten any feedback from your teacher? What are the areas that are holding you back right now? It's quite easy to get 5 or more in Visual Art if you balance the workload for your process journal (40%), exhibition (40%) and comparative study (20%). If you message me the details of your experience with the course, I can most likely advise you on how to improve and hopefully boost your grade up a few points for your final grade.

Hope to hear from you :)

Edited by sodonewithib
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Starting with the May 2015 session the following failing conditions and associated codes have replaced the previous ones.

1. CAS requirements have not been met.

2. Candidate’s total points are fewer than 24.

3. An N has been given for theory of knowledge, extended essay or for a contributing subject.

4. A grade E has been awarded for one or both of theory of knowledge and the extended essay.

5. There is a grade 1 awarded in a subject/level.

6. Grade 2 has been awarded three or more times (HL or SL).

7. Grade 3 or below has been awarded four or more times (HL or SL).

8. Candidate has gained fewer than 12 points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest grades count).

9. Candidate has gained fewer than 9 points on SL subjects (candidates who register for two SL subjects must gain at least 5 points at SL).