I want to write my extended essay on something OTHER than history

firepower1030

I was thinking about writing my extended essay on math or science instead of what everyone else at my school is writing their extended essay on (History). I was thinking about doing one on natural logs and examples of them in the world. I would like to know if anyone else has some math or science topic ideas that they could throw around. It would be much appreciated! THANKS!

Well, my two cents, natural logs are one of the most fascinating things around, because of how they were found and what they were used for. The only problem is that they never actually appear in the real world, simply because they represent something that grows or decays at a rate porportional to it's size, and does so infinitely. Every real world example can be broken down in to individual steps, so should theoretically be compounded a finite number of times, where the natural log compounds infinitely. If you're doing that, you should definitely take HL math and talk to your math teacher about it sooner rather than later.