How to prepare for Math HL exam?

ILoveJesus

Hello,

Exams are coming up soon (May) so we should start preparing relatively soon. I was wondering if any IB Alumnus could give a very detailed guide on how exactly to prepare for the Math Hl exam. That would be greatly appreciated because I'm not sure how to approach it.

I'm doing the Calculus option btw.

Edited by ILoveJesus

I'm not an alumnus, but I have read a number of guides by alumi, so here's what I've gleaned:

The main thing in IB HL Math is to simply just practice as much math as you can.  Best option, of course, is to do past papers in a test environment to familiarise yourself with the examination style.  Set appropriate time limits and do not exceed them, not even by a second, because you won't have the luxury in a real exam.  Go through the harder textbook questions too, and make sure that you can do virtually any type of problem they may throw at you in the real exams.  As you probably have limited time, I would recommend you to not do problems that you find easy (i.e. problems that you can effectively do in your head), but instead focus on ones that will take you some time.