Hi all! I was just wondering whether someone knows how getting into a Dutch university (especially University of Amsterdam) works. I have obtained a predicted GPA of 38 points and I have applied to a few uni's in Holland with that average. I have applied for political science programs. There seem to be no additional requirements other than passing your exams and having excellent English. I've researched this like hell and searched the depths of the internet and have come to wonder;

Do they make me an offer based on these predicted grades (motivational letter, CV etc. in some cases) and then I will not get in only if I do not pass my exams? Meaning that I do not need to get 38 points to get in. This is what I understand from all that I have read. Especially in the case of this program and University of Amsterdam. 

I was wondering whether someone here from IB has been admitted to a Dutch uni? Please give me your knowledge! :D

I haven't had experience in applying to a Dutch university (I'm going into IB1 in a few months actually, but also might be looking at some Dutch universities ), but according to the University of Amsterdam website it says:

• "International Baccalaureate: diploma or official record from the International Baccalaureate Office in Geneva with at least 24 points"

I think that it's asking for your official transcript from the IB, probably the one released after the examinations, but since you've already applied I guess it just means that your final results cannot be lower than 24 points. Just means that you have to receive the diploma in the end to be admitted, so it won't matter if you get exactly 38 points, the University just wants you to have the IB diploma, nothing else. Hope this helps :D 

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...