Maths IA Plagiarism

ibboy12345

Hi everyone, im doing my IB this year and just completed my math hl ia a week ago. I did my ia on projectile motion which is a fairly common topic for maths hl students in the IB, and my tutor gave me a students ia which was the exact same topic, scoring 19/20. I read his whole IA understood everything and started my own, from time to time i would look back at his IA to make sure I was going in the right direction. I feel like I based my ia's concepts and structure on his but i did a different sport, than him. meaning that all variable values are different. But the parts of deriving certain equations from others are pretty similar to his. All of results were different from his but I still am very scared of being caught. One more thing I did fearing this is, for representing inital speed he used Ux while I used Ax. Anyone have any comments to say to me, should I do my IA again or pick another topic? 

Initial speed is always denoted as U in Physics :P.

I have also used sample IA's to write my own and also some university guides, but never had a percentage plagiarism of above 10% in all my IA's. Having the same formula is fine because it's not like you will have to create your own in order to do your IA. You could ask one of your teachers to create a TurnItIn account for you only where you can check your IA percentage before submitting it in. This will help you know what part you copied and so you would be able to change it.