Math IA

penguins

Hello, 

I really don't know will anyone ever going to reply to my question but here we go,

For months I've been searching for math IA topic and asked my teacher to guide me too but couldn't get anything out of it, then I spent my hours for every day to find ideas and I actually found some but they were not good enough

-projectile motion, I thought I could get a lot of points from personal engagement because I considered I could give examples from my favorite games etc. but it is full physics I guess

-prisoner's dilemma, couldn't find enough math in it

-lottery, teacher said it might be easy

-I choose a brand and looked how the prices went up over some years and thought I could do a correlation and to see whether it had exponential growth but it didn't have exponential growth and therefore it didn't include sufficient math anymore

Please if someone can help me with what I can do I will be so happy and my anxiety will at least decrease a little bit.

And I didn't write everything too open because I was a bit afraid of the fact that if I write all so open and then use it on my ia would it be plagiarism or not. And our teacher didn't give any deadlines rather than June, so no specific deadline for now and I have time but just desperate about what am I going to do. Any comments are appreciated and thanks for your time.

Pick something which you can personally relate to, for me, my teacher asked for a list of my interests and from those options, she suggested a game called League of Legends. I'm currently doing whether a factor of the game relates to another factor and finding if there is indeed a correlation and if so how strong is it.

First, do you do HL or SL?

Do you do Economics?

I do SL and economics. Many of my friends and I are doing it related to economics and finding the correlation between lets say the country's economic growth and the ratio of imports and exports (not actually what I'm doing but it's just an example). You can then test for correlation or something and compare different countries maybe? IDK my teacher said it was ok.

hey thanks for both answers, I'm so glad to here from you guys,

I don't do economics and because my schoold do not provide math HL I'm at math SL but I had come with a similar idea. I want to explain but I don't know would it counts as plagiarism if I explain it and then use it on my exploration. 

But as far as I can say, it is very similar to what you have said Gabe, I look at sales of a particular product in my country and the taxes. Basically I will correlate two different graphs but because I don't get an economy lesson I don't do what else can I do there as math. 

Thank you a lot.

And I forgot to say, I wanted to do something on a game too but I didn't know what I can, first thought of FUT 16 and tried to find the datas of some players and how their prices decreased exponentially but there were none (or at least I couldn't find any) then I thought why not on my favourite games BF1 or Overwatch. For BF1 I thought I could do something related to projectile motion but after  my researchs everyone actually drops that topic because it is so related to physics; and for Overwatch there was actually nothing came up to my mind. I don't if there any but for LoL you can look at the statistics of win lose when teammates are not communicating ( salt rate :) ) and correlate them or just do that for more than one league and come to a conclusion from there. (compare bronze gold plat and challenger for example) might be nice good luck.