HLs for Maths & Physics at uni?

alexalexalex

Hi everyone! 
So, in about half-a-year I am planning on applying to a handful of universities in the UK for the course Maths & Physics. 

As you can see below, I've right now got physics, maths, english and chemistry at HL. 

One of the courses I am interested in applying for is Mathematics (with Physics) at Cambridge Uni. I also want to apply to UCL, Edinburgh etc. 

I definitely want to drop one of my HLs and right now it's between English and Chemistry. I wanted to ask if having Chemistry at HL is a great advantage for applying to the course I am interested in or if I might as well keep English (which I find so, so much more fun) (plus I've got an absolutely rubbish Chem teacher although I am naturally much better at chemistry) 

Thank you!!

Alex 

From memory, not a lot of UK Math/Phys curriculum requires Chemistry HL. I think definitely a high score in Literature HL will be useful (for technical writing preparedness). Chemistry HL is unnecessary and is entirely optional. Maybe you can study for A-levels chemistry on your own or something like that. Unless it's a 7 in Chemistry HL and all your other courses are spectacular, I don't think Chemistry HL, for you, can be more beneficial (admission-wise) than SL.