Written task about animal rights

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help with my written task. I need to write my WT for part 1, and I've thought about pretending to be a politician and write a speech about animal rights, where I would try to use my language as effectively as possible to make the audience believe in me. Does this sound like an acceptable idea? We've had language and politics as a topic in class so I've therefore tried to connect it to that.

It sounds like a good idea and you should use the main concepts for a speech. For animal rights I would focus a lot on the listeners feelings and play on them, such as "look at these poor homeless dogs", also perhaps add in some logical thinking about the enviromental issues linked to animal rights, such as "farm animals are the highest consumers of antibiotics, which could increase resistance in bacteria and harm us".
Listen to some speeches of Obama, his speeches are very good and well-structured. Remember: Ethos, Pathos, Logos - Credibility, Emotions, Logic