I AM CONFUSED!! HELP ME PLEASE

Swaroop

Hello,

My subject choices:

English HL, Economics HL, Business Management HL, Maths SL, AB Initio Spanish, ESS SL.

I would like to do Business as my undergraduate program but I would like to take Visual Arts HL and give up Business management because I am good at arts. And it helps me in getting good IB score. I cannot give up Economics because I am half done with my Economics extended Essay.  And it's been 7 months since I have started IB program. I am confused:

• Is it better to take visual arts instead of BM (I am good at VA)?
  • Will colleges/Universities accept my subjects choices to do the undergraduate program (if I select VA, I am from India and I wanted to go to US or Canada or UK)?
  • Is it better to take now (at this point of time - and most of my VA friends completed only 3 paintings till date) 

Thank you

please help me out

:D

Hi there. The choice is up to you. The thing about Business Management is that it'll teach you some things that I'm sure will be useful to you once you enter University. However, if you would like to take VA instead, then by all means, go for it. As for universities, I live in Ontario, Canada and since I would assume you would apply as an international student, the universities will look at your predicted IB score as well as the courses you are taking. You plan on applying for Business, so that means that University would care if you take English and Maths (you'd probably have to do an English Proficiency test since you are from India). Then from there, they would look at your average grade across the other subjects. So in reality, taking VA over Business Management is not going to really affect if you get into University here in Canada (Not sure about US or UK). Hope this helps. Cheers. 

• Like 1