Schedule Help- Math HL or Psychology HL?

KaraDanvers12

I am a pre-IB sophomore right now, and we are getting ready to pick our schedules. I have a lot of SL's I am interested in taking, but not enough HL's. I have to take English HL and Chem HL, but I don't know if I should make my third HL Math or Psych. If I take Math HL, I will take Psych SL and have an additional elective senior year. If I take Psych HL I will take Math SL and still have 2 years of math. Both are online courses (they aren't offered at my school). I am more interested in Psych but have never taken any type of psych class before. I am good at math and think I could handle it, but I am worried about taking it as HL because it's such a hard class (according to pretty much everyone online). What should I do??? 

Everyone complains about maths HL, even at times where it isn't so bad. It's a running 'gag' where the students complain for the sake of it and the laughs. 

Sure, it's hard, but if over 20% of candidates take it each session I think that says something ;)  If you like maths and would have others to rely on at least a bit I'd say go for it! Definitely worth taking something you like and thing you would enjoy. Don't always listen to the internet talk, they don't know you and your abilities. 

And remember - maths HL is where numbers are imaginary but the tears are real :lol: