IB; How can I survive

DanaNE

I am already into IB and it's too late to change courses... I am not surviving and getting bad results already.:crying:

I'm still in my first year and I really want to turn things around and be able to finish IB with decent score (30-ish)

I just want few tips on how I can turn things around.

Doing:

English LAL SL

Arabic B HL

Math SL

Biology SL

Buisness HL

Economics HL

Much thanks in advance.

Hello, I also had troubles in the beginning of IB, but since I changed my Math SL to studies it has been so much easier to cope with everything. Another way is if you change your levels in general, for example maybe have English HL and Economics SL. Try to balance your best and worst subjects in a working HL and SL way. 

For studying in general, try to rehearse everything you've done during the day after school and take good notes by hand.
Wish you great luck :)

Edited by swedishgäri
  • Like 1

Ive been in the IB for two years now, and I almost failed my classes last semester, so I know where you are coming from. You just need to make sure that you prioritise everything correctly, and manage your time wisely. Learn how you learn best, and how you focus best. Another thing you can do is take 30 minutes at night and meditate. It will really calm you down and help you concentrate. I also know that it can be difficult to ask for help, so set up meetings with each of your teachers, and have a discussion about where you are struggling, and ask them for advice on how they would suggest you deal with the workload. Just remember to breathe, it'll all be okay!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DanaNE said:

Tips to be able to follow up again, I've missed a lot already and i really want to be able to follow up

Something that I usually do when I'm a bit behind, is that I spend evening and weekends re-writing my notes. Also if you are unsure about something, ask your teachers!