Horrible Exam Stories

lollieluvers

Thought it might be funny to start a thread with the worst stories you've heard about things happening during the exam. 

One year at my school there was apparently a kid who was really sick during exams so they had to sick at the back next to the door with a bucket beside them. All the others could hear them retching but they thankfully never puked. Another time there was a fire alarm halfway through the bio exam and everyone had to leave halfway through to stand in the snow in silence and then come back and finish the exam. 

• Like 3

hahaha, fun topic. I have 4 stories I'd like to share:

A girl in my class had a lot of troubles writing on papers because of her medical conditions (not sure what it is), so she was given a laptop to write her English exam. However due to the battery problem, the laptop shut down very suddenly. I was sitting a few desks from her, and she was hysterical. Luckily, our coordinator gave her extra time after that. But seriously, who would let a student write her exam on a laptop without having it charged at the same time?

During the recording of the IOC, a friend of mine accidentally got his lips to bleed. He told me afterwards that he was stuck on what else to say about the novel, so he was just playing around with his teeth and lips, and then there was blood haha :lol:

I'm not sure what exam it was, maybe geography mock exam. There were 2 papers, paper 1 and paper 2, and people were given a 15-minute break between the papers. But my friend didn't know this. So he went to lunch directly after paper 1, thinking that he had done the entire exam. He then came back to the exam hall like 30 minutes later with a smiley face, but then came out with our coordinator nagging behind him for being super late.

During our English mock, there were 2 teachers watching over us. But apparently, they hated each other and had a huge fight in front of us while we were writing our exam. I remembered one of them saying "you suck at doing your job" and the other guy replied "don't swear in front of the children". We laughed so hard afterwards,

• Like 2

This one happened recently. So, a bunch of kids found the exam online (it was a past paper.) They memorized the answers. On the day of the test, they were done in 1/2 hour. So, as they leave the room, they pass by the teacher's room whose exam they cheated on. Now, I'll tell you that while these kids may be intelligent grades-wise, they weren't the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to common sense and street smarts. So, the ringleader starts talking about the exam  and says  "Yeah, the exam was sooo easy. Even if we hadn't found it online and memorized the answers, I would have gotten 100% " right in the front of the teacher.

Another time, in the exam room, some one was trying to copy off my paper as I was waiting to hand it in. Here, all the grades write their exams at the same time in the gymnasium. So, the girl didn't realize that she was copying off the wrong exam. Wonder how that went for her :P

Lastly, somebody was cheating off their phone and Siri activated.....and read out the question they were looking up. The teacher either couldn't figure out who it was or liked her enough to pretend that he couldn't tell it was her. Still, he confiscated all phones for the remainder of the exam...which he should have done BEFORE handing out the exam.

• Like 5

This isn't really that bad, but rather annoying :P So during my first final exam for uni, the fire alarm went off twice within like 20-30 minutes of each other. Thankfully, the prof gave us extra time to make up for the time lost. :D 

Also I haven't personally witnessed this, but someone I know said that back in high school, in her chemistry class, a girl cheated on an exam and my chem teacher caught her. He spazzed at her and she was reduced to tears at the end. 

Mine aren't that bad or juicy, sadly :P 

During our igcse mock exams my friends and I were sitting the add maths paper. Most of the questions involved asked about radians, so we switched our calculators to that mode. Later the next day we sat another (regular) maths paper where radians had not been used. My friend forgot to switch back to degrees and ended up with a worse grade in regular maths than add maths :lol: 

One time a friend of mine wanted to copy my answers for multiple choice in a chemistry test, but forgot we take different levels of chemistry, causing him to get 3/10 on that section...

In a recent test we had a question asking for the Lewis structure of a certain polyatomic anion. Since I couldn't figure out at that point in time how it looked like I thought I'd skip the question. Too bad the question based around this anion was worth 23 marks (mind you the whole test was out of like 45), so without the structure there was no way to answers over half of the upcoming questions... Thankfully I figured it out in the end, but the stress and panic definitely kicked in.

May not be an exciting story... but my school books a community hall for the exams every year. Unfortunately, other people also book some rooms in the hall for band practce or whatnot. Every. Single. Damn. Year. We're doing our exams, trying to concentrate, and then the drums and the trumpets, etc start going.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ummm... mine is kind of terrible.

So once we had an exam in our history class, and the teacher was absent, so he had a substitute present. The substitute was waaay too nice, and didn't bother to even tell anyone to be quiet. So, the kids in my class started cheating off of each other. Not even covertly. Like legit, students were walking around in the class, going to different tables and ask for answers. Pretty soon it seemed like the whole exam was turned into a massive discussion session. Some of my classmates went so far as to snatching papers from other kids and copy down the answers (needless to say, these people didn't last too long in IB-_-). Anyways, what they didn't know was the substitute was secretly noting people's names down. And so, when our teacher returned he was soooo furious, and there was a whole deal of drama in our class after that. We were punished by having to create our own lessons and teach our peers ourselves for about a month. We were shamed by all the IB teachers (this was just kept between the IB teachers and classes) and the parents were summoned. After that  we were offered a retest. But our teacher was really mad at us.... it took a few months for him to forgive us...

The whole experience terrified everyone so much  that they decided to never cheat again. At least overtly.

Now we look back on that incident and laugh at how foolish we were...It became our inside joke.

Edited by revumol7
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
This isn't as horrible as it is funny.
Okay, so we have a bunch of "exam teachers" that basically watch people take exams to make sure they aren't cheating or anything because our school is large enough for that type of expenditure. We have a grand total of three and they watch over exams depending on what day of the week it is. Anyway I always sign up for the Tuesday/Thursday exam taking slots because I designate Monday and Friday as homework days for the heavy assignments like the EE, IAs, etc. and Wednesday I have CAS hours, private lessons, and other miscellaneous things. The lady who always watches us sit our exams is like this really old, frumpy lady with a walker who wears her weight in pearls (we all know the type). To her credit she is pretty chill but the lady is obsessed with romance novels. You know, the novels you can get at like Walmart for like two bucks a pop with half naked cowboys on the cover. She brings like 5 of them to every exam and just plunks them on her desk, not even caring that we can clearly see the covers. 
Half way through the year she stopped bring the novels to school and started reading hard cover books with titles like 101 Ways to Teach More Effectively. No one knew why but the consensus was that she got told on by one of the students that probably felt like the covers distracted them. It wasn't that big of a deal until we were taking our midterms and in comes the principal with his eleven year old son. (The principal's wife died a few years back of cancer and he likes to bring his son with him to school every so often. No one minds really 'cause the son is really nice). So they sit down to see if we seem to be struggling with the material or anything. The son get bored after about a hour and just takes a book of the teacher's desk. She doesn't notice because she looks engrossed in her The Salem Witch Trials book or whatever she was reading. After like twenty minutes had gone by the son starts giggling and tugs on the principals shoulder to show him the book. The principal goes red in the face after 30 seconds of reading and leaves the room. 
The next day I learned that instead of reading what we thought she was reading, the exam lady was actually reading Fifty Shades of Gray/Fifty shades Darker and just putting the covers on her books to look like they were appropriate books.
Long story short she isn't allowed to read in the exam room any more.
  • Like 3