English Literature at SL or HL??

crocke1

I will be choosing my IB subjects in 5 days, and I am unsure to whether I should do English Literature  at SL or HL?

My current choices are...

HL: Math, History, Economics or English Literature A 

SL: Chinese B, Biology, Economics or English Literature A

I am for sure taking Math and History at HL as I love both subjects, if Math becomes a struggle I will drop it down to SL and bump Biology up to HL as I know I won't have a trouble with the subject (already checked the Biology syllabus and asked the Year 12's in my school, said it is difficult but should be okay if I have a decent enough memory), but my main question is. I plan on either studying a double Major in Economics and Law at USYD or doing a PPE degree (philosophy, Politics, and Economics Degree) at university. I don't want to do Global Politics because some people say that it is a "soft subject" and that it is only beneficial if I plan on going into diplomacy or something like that. 

Would it be more beneficial for me to put English Literature at HL even though I am already doing History at HL which has a lot of essay writing skills involved in it which is transferrable to Law or should I just do it at SL as make Econ at HL so that it won't be too much of a struggle because Econ is supposedly one of the easiest HL subjects out there...

Any suggestions and reccomendations would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!

:)

Edited by crocke1

Hi!
Well, if you want to do Economics at university I'd highly recommend that you do HL Econ at IB. Not only because (at least if you're applying in europe idk about the americas etc) you will need HL Econ to get in, but it will give you the opportunity to see what it's really like (and if you don't like it you will still have time to change what you're applying for at uni level). 

Good luck! :)