TOK is a waste of time?

Arcalius

Meh. I found it okay. Personally find the TOK essay as a hassle. Too many things going on and it just adds to the pile really. However, there are some concepts within TOK that I find interesting. Mostly anything TOK related to history because history is my favorite subject. Really just matters on your perspective and what lenses you look at the subject through...(see what I just did there)....Cheers. 

Eventhough I really dislike how we have to do so much work for it (for less than 3 points!!), I think its really interesting how there are actually ways and areas of knowing to which we use to gain knowledge, and its really interesting how this is actually used In real life!

3 hours ago, udawn said:

Eventhough I really dislike how we have to do so much work for it (for less than 3 points!!), I think its really interesting how there are actually ways and areas of knowing to which we use to gain knowledge, and its really interesting how this is actually used In real life!

I agree with you, however I wouldn't say 3 points is that low. After all, you only do the TOK essay and presentation once, whereas in other subjects you need to do IAs AND the exams (just to put it in perspective). I would say those 3 points can make a difference 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, In terminal ass as mint said:

I agree with you, however I wouldn't say 3 points is that low. After all, you only do the TOK essay and presentation once, whereas in other subjects you need to do IAs AND the exams (just to put it in perspective). I would say those 3 points can make a difference 

actually yeah i take back what i said, 3 points is worth quite a lot now that I think about it, heh

10 hours ago, imosz said:

I think it really depends on your teacher :/

That's true, TOK is really dependent on its ability to be applied to the rest of IB and knowledge in general. I think that a teacher which only teaches TOK as a necessity of the IB (it is but the point is that it is supposed to help you) will find that students are less engaged in their work 

• Like 1