EE, TOK, IAs referencing HELP!!!

Yun

Hi guys,

Just had a simple question about Harvard Referencing Style.

I know for Harvard referencing, we need 'in-text referencing' and a ' reference list/bibliography'

As I know, only EE and TOK ESSAYS require such formal referencing. But today I have heard that all IAs, including Chem, Physics, Bio, Maths and so on, should also follow such formal referencing style.

Can't we, for IAs, only just write a reference list at the very end of the IAs? Or do we must follow the formal rules? I have seen several samples but never seen one as such,

Thanks

3 hours ago, Yun said:

Hi guys,

Just had a simple question about Harvard Referencing Style.

I know for Harvard referencing, we need 'in-text referencing' and a ' reference list/bibliography'

As I know, only EE and TOK ESSAYS require such formal referencing. But today I have heard that all IAs, including Chem, Physics, Bio, Maths and so on, should also follow such formal referencing style.

Can't we, for IAs, only just write a reference list at the very end of the IAs? Or do we must follow the formal rules? I have seen several samples but never seen one as such,

Thanks

You should follow the formal rules for the IA's as well and having in text citations lets the reader know where you got specific parts from. If you don't follow the formal rules and neglect adding in-text citations in the IA's, you could be tagged for plagiarism. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ShootingStar16 said:

You should follow the formal rules for the IA's as well and having in text citations lets the reader know where you got specific parts from. If you don't follow the formal rules and neglect adding in-text citations in the IA's, you could be tagged for plagiarism. 

Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday I have found that on IBO website, they have opened places to upload Written Tasks, Extended Essays and TOK essays. Do you know when these are due?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Yun said:

Thank you for your reply.

Yesterday I have found that on IBO website, they have opened places to upload Written Tasks, Extended Essays and TOK essays. Do you know when these are due?

Thanks

I'm not sure because I already graduated and I have a really vague memory of the actual deadlines. Also, deadlines are set by your school (Y)