Biased teacher correcting internals

MMRA

Hello everyone, 

I have this biased business and management teacher that only gives good marks to internals whose owners are her favorite (her favorites are the students that don't take private lessons). This is quite problematic because its easy to figure out the ones that do take private lessons than the ones who don't. So problem is my internal is with her and I'm pretty sure it won't get the mark it deserves (Ex. this one kid once got a 3 from her, but chosen as a sample so got raised to a 7). She always tries to justify herself by saying she's the "ol' mean examiner" that is only "harsh to make students work on themselves more", which is why she got out of trouble w/the school, so telling anyone responsible isn't gonna help.

I heard once that in a similar situation, one can send an email to the ib explaining briefly what's going on. That if the IB got an email, they'd request ALL of her internals, not just a couple of samples. Last year they took all of her internals, so question is does sending an email work? and if it does work how do i send one? (Address, what do I include, etc..)

Thank you in advance !!

The IB picks the internals randomly, so they will likely be able to moderate all of the marks to a certain extent. I don't know about sending all the IAs, but that may be something only your teacher can do. Also beware that the teacher may be right, even if it may not seem like it. I would do the best you can and not be OK with lower marks because of your teacher.

• Like 1

So sending an email to someone responsible within the IB to ask for all the internals isn't an option at all?

Cause just last year many of the IB schools in my area were asked to send all of their business internals for moderation. It was only business, no other subject, and the teachers said it wasn't normal to ask for all of them.

30 minutes ago, MMRA said:

So sending an email to someone responsible within the IB to ask for all the internals isn't an option at all?

Cause just last year many of the IB schools in my area were asked to send all of their business internals for moderation. It was only business, no other subject, and the teachers said it wasn't normal to ask for all of them.

If the class has 5 or fewer students in a class, all IAs are automatically chosen for moderation. Even those people's work that are not sampled are affected. Sampling should be able to correct for any bias as long as you don't have a large population (eg >30) or too few people that your teacher bias.   
Complain to IB has no harm on you, the biggest impact for you is that IB won't do anything. Check IB Answers for directions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MMRA said:

I honestly can't say. Wouldn't hurt to try, our TOK teacher asked something to which they said no and it didn't affect us at all, so go ahead.

• Like 1