Buying a Math IA

Willigetinornaw

Your friend shouldn't buy a mother****ing IA in the first place? Maybe it's just me, but as someone who tries to put in a crap ton amount of effort into his work, people pulling stunts like that really rattles my nails.

It depends on whether or not the IA has been published online e.g. if a google search can yield it, then it's published already and the IBO will know that it's not your friend's work. Get your friend to have the work tested via Turnitin to see how much "plagiarism" is present in the work.

I don't know how your friend's school does it, but most schools have IAs due in March as they're sent off to the IBO during late March or early April. Which is enough time for him/her to put in about 5-8 hours of work that can ideally yield a decent, original, internal assessment.

Edited by IB`ez
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Willigetinornaw said:

He put it through Turnitin and it came out as 19% plagiarised, the thing is its a mathematics IA he doesn't know how to do one

The IB can contact organizations that sell papers and get permission to mark the paper as plagiarism. This is what our DP coordinator told us last year, that it is not a good idea to buy any work. However he may be able to get away with it if he cites the information and expands on the ideas themselves rather than plagiarize. At the end of the day, I wouldn't recommend it.