Question

ari_zuchinni

Hey,

I am not in the know of the area of Graphic Design, but it might depend on what institution you are applying for. I know a guy who is studying in Greenwich (UK) and had Math. Studies, so I would probably take my chances and say maths isn't really the crux of the course, instead your creativity and visual sensibility. Are you taking Visual Arts? Higher Level? It would be good as it is specific for that area, but if you are not dont worry it wont matter much. Try to show yourself different and imaginative, really. The way you are able to present yourself to universities is the most important criterion.

Cheers!

Richard  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ari_zuchinni said:

Does anyone know which level of maths is required for a undergraduate degree in Graphic design? (Generally, because I know that it depends on the universities but I'm not sure where to go yet so)

.....nervous about DP..this year

Hi there :) I noticed you put your exams as being in Nov 2016, is that a mistake?

Lucky for you, I've been applying to Graphic Design courses so I know the exact answer to your question. If you're applying to the UK, as I am, then you can definitely take Math Studies SL. I don't have experience with unis outside the UK though but I'd imagine they really don't care about what maths course their applicants took in the IB, because Graphic Design is the opposite of Math.

I wish you the best of luck with the IB and with applying. I hope I helped!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sodonewithib said:

Hi there :) I noticed you put your exams as being in Nov 2016, is that a mistake?

Lucky for you, I've been applying to Graphic Design courses so I know the exact answer to your question. If you're applying to the UK, as I am, then you can definitely take Math Studies SL. I don't have experience with unis outside the UK though but I'd imagine they really don't care about what maths course their applicants took in the IB, because Graphic Design is the opposite of Math.

I wish you the best of luck with the IB and with applying. I hope I helped!

Thank you so much, and about the 2016 November exams, it was for year 11, on screen exam. There's this thing where half of the IB schools in the world seat their test around March or June, and the other half seats their's on November. Thanks again, much appreciated. Congrats on you IB results, its pretty good.

Edited by ari_zuchinni

3 hours ago, Richard Stifler said:

Hey,

I am not in the know of the area of Graphic Design, but it might depend on what institution you are applying for. I know a guy who is studying in Greenwich (UK) and had Math. Studies, so I would probably take my chances and say maths isn't really the crux of the course, instead your creativity and visual sensibility. Are you taking Visual Arts? Higher Level? It would be good as it is specific for that area, but if you are not dont worry it wont matter much. Try to show yourself different and imaginative, really. The way you are able to present yourself to universities is the most important criterion.

Cheers!

Richard  

Thanks Richard,

I'm taking HL art and Studies so your post helped me a lot, Ill try and present myself well to uni's, and hopefully I'll interest them. And your IB results on you signature preferences are good, congrats.

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by ari_zuchinni

9 hours ago, ari_zuchinni said:

Thank you so much, and about the 2016 November exams, it was for year 11, on screen exam. There's this thing where half of the IB schools in the world seat their test around March or June, and the other half seats their's on November. Thanks again, much appreciated. Congrats on you IB results, its pretty good.

It's no problem! If you need any more information or have any other questions about applying for Graphic Design, send me a message anytime. Also, thanks for the explanation, I'm not familiar with that system! :P And thank you, I'm trying to improve so I get better final grades :) 

• Like 1