Is Grade 9 pre-ib hard

bobthedog

If you want to do the full DP, then it is better to challenge yourself and do grade 9 IB, because your grades would not matter if you got the IB diploma. In my opinion, grade 9 is not hard and it would be a good practice for going into DP. My average grade for grade 9 is between a 6 and a 7, everything is doable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, grade 8 was harder than grade 9 for me. They go very easy on you for grade 9 in most subjects since they know you are new to high school. It's not hard at all, it is actually nearly identical to the academic program (from Ontario).

I had a high 80s average in grade 9, which is actually higher than my grade 8 average. In fact, my grade 9 average is actually the lowest average I've had in high school so far. You will be 100% fine if you work hard and develop good study habits. 

Grade 9 was when time was good. If you're planning to go into the diploma program in grade 11/12, pre-IB will help you immensely, especially in grade 10. In grade 9 I think I ended with a 89% average, but in grade 10 I got a 90% average. You can also take pre-IB to see if the program is for you. A lot of my friends did IB until G10 and realized it wasn't for them, so they didn't continue in the diploma program. The grade 9 for IB was really similar to the Ontario curriculum, basically the same. Only some things you needed to do extras. For example, we did many more projects than the "regular" program. 

If you have any more questions, you can ask me! I live in Ontario as well and I'm currently doing first year of the IB diploma program.

• 5 months later...

if you're serious about doing it, go for it! if you're only doing it because your parents think you should, you may struggle a bit.

either way- make friends in your classes and EXCHANGE NUMBERS! IB friends are the best- every year I'm put into a different group chat for a class, where you can ask questions about different classes and usually get answers. wondering the test date for math? ask a friend- someone will know and the more connections you have, the better off you'll be!

good luck!

• 5 years later...
On 3/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Victo said:

Grade 9 was when time was good. If you're planning to go into the diploma program in grade 11/12, pre-IB will help you immensely, especially in grade 10. In grade 9 I think I ended with a 89% average, but in grade 10 I got a 90% average. You can also take pre-IB to see if the program is for you. A lot of my friends did IB until G10 and realized it wasn't for them, so they didn't continue in the diploma program. The grade 9 for IB was really similar to the Ontario curriculum, basically the same. Only some things you needed to do extras. For example, we did many more projects than the "regular" program. 

If you have any more questions, you can ask me! I live in Ontario as well and I'm currently doing first year of the IB diploma program.

Hi I know this is a little late but  do you remember any of the material in Grade 9 (Pre-IB). and congrats on finishing IB!