Can anyone please help me with this

For my Extended Essay, I plan to do research on the business/economic aspect of football. As football is becoming more of a business in the modern day, and many decisions are business motivated it is what i plan to research. However, the issue is that along with checking in with my supervisor we realized that the Business Management EE is more an analysis of an organization making a decision or activities of the firm and that business tools would need to be used. Also, we could not find how we would apply this topic to the Economics IB syllabus. Examples of what I would wish to study are analyzing China’s recent activity in the football market and their 50 point development plan for football in China or the expansion of the world cup to 48 teams. There is nothing specific under this topic I wish to do my EE in and any thing that I can find suitable to do my EE related to this topic will be great.