Is this a good schedule?

Killjoy

So I will be starting the full diploma next year and I would potentially like to get into the medical field and become a doctor. so far, this is my schedule for the next 2 yrs of highschool. I want opinions on my schedule and advice on what to do to become a doctor

Junior year of highschool:

-Bio HL (yr 1)

-English HL.(yr 1)

-20th century world history HL

-math studies sl yr 2

- Chinese AB initio SL.

-visual arts SL 

Senior year of highschool:

-bio HL (yr 2)

-English HL (yr 2).

- history of the americas HL.

-AP Calculus AB

-visual arts SL (yr 2)

-chinese AB initio (year 2).

Edited by Killjoy
The spacing is awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things I would be a bit concerned about: math studies SL and visual arts SL.

Math studies is often not allowed by universities. This is one of the lowest levels of math available for high school. However, some programs such as law allow it since they have absolutely nothing to do with math. Check to see if the program you want to get into allows math studies.

Many universities would also prefer that you take chemistry along with bio for medical programs, which leaves no room for a group 6 subject (visual arts).

You should double check on the university's website to check exactly what they require for admission. Other than that, I think you're good to go. Good luck.

Unfortunately, my teacher said I wasn't ready for math SL  but I was ready for math studies yr 2 since he said math studies yr 1 is a joke and my school only offers chemistry SL and not chemistry HL, so would chemistry SL class be okay to take along bio HL?? 

7 hours ago, Killjoy said:

Unfortunately, my teacher said I wasn't ready for math SL  but I was ready for math studies yr 2 since he said math studies yr 1 is a joke and my school only offers chemistry SL and not chemistry HL, so would chemistry SL class be okay to take along bio HL?? 

I personally think Chemistry is not really a compulsory subject to take to be a doctor, but it is certainly required by a lot of universities, and it complements very well with future studies in Medicine. So, if you take Chemistry SL, at least it's better than not studying Chemistry at all.