surviving chemistry

imosz

I see the anger within your spirit.

I also see it will have to hold it and gasp for 1 more year and a half of IB Diploma.

Thank god I have chosen humanities-oriented subject and am applying to Literature and Creative Writing. In the beginning, actually, I was inclined to choose Chemistry as my science subject, as it is perceived as a "strong" subject that universities value, but as I aspired to go for a creative degree like literature or arts, I realized what would value my curriculum would be how my creative sensibility and expression.

Really dont know how you take it... is it higher level?

Finishing the IB in almost 2 months!

Cheers,

Richard

I'm going what is basically the completely opposite direction. I take physics, chemistry and biology. Thank God I don't have Chemistry at HL. I was actually considering it, but after my first lesson with this teacher I pretty much just chucked that idea out the window. I'd drop it if I didn't need it. It's becoming a total waste of time ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

It's entirely possible to learn most of the IB syllabus on your own by reading the textbook(s), searching around online, and doing past papers- I've done it with math, chem, physics, and psychology, with the former 3 being HL.  I just do my own stuff in those lessons.  Just having a bad teacher doesn't automatically mean that you're going to have bad grades, so don't fret.  Good luck, and hope you do well.  

Interesting to see that you've got all 3 sciences.  Kinda wish I could've done that, but I learned about it too late alas.  

Edited by SC2Player
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2017 at 3:22 AM, imosz said:

I'm going what is basically the completely opposite direction. I take physics, chemistry and biology. Thank God I don't have Chemistry at HL. I was actually considering it, but after my first lesson with this teacher I pretty much just chucked that idea out the window. I'd drop it if I didn't need it. It's becoming a total waste of time ugh.

How can you do 3 sciences? 

11 hours ago, Throbbert said:

How can you do 3 sciences? 

You can do an irregular diploma, where you exchange one subject, such as a second language, for a science, or just tack it on as an additional subject.  I'm not too sure of the exact process, but I think you need to write an essay to the IB explaining why for the former.