HELP: Isabel Allende - The House of the Spirits - Chapter 13 Analysis

Hello everyone,

My English Literature class is currently studying the novel The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende. I've been assigned the task to do a chapter analysis on Chp 13 - The Terror. Currently struggling to put together a cohesive analysis (point form) other than point by point form. Anyone who has read the book has any tips and ideas for themes associated with the chapter?

Thanks in advance,

b_w

• 2 months later...

I guess this reply will be too late for you, but maybe of use to anyone else that comes along asking the same sort of question.

One pretty straightforward approach is to tie this chapter in with a major theme, or themes. That should be quite easy and will give you direction and coherency in your writing.   Alternatively, you could examine how this chapter uses particular literary devices to convey its main idea(s). You could choose one or two main ones that are used consistently.

You haven't said if this is written or part of an IA, because that could make some difference to how you go about things. You have very little time in an IA, so are much more restricted. 

Edited by Blackcurrant