What if my school doesn't provide certain subject that the uni is asking for

jhzhu

I'm currently a first year ib student, i really want to apply to the imperial college of london for it's math department, but they ask for math hl and physcis hl, i'm currently taking maths hl but my school doesn't offer physics hl, does it mean that i can't apply? or is there anything i can do instead?

Check the university requirements for the course that you want.If physics is compulsory, then I suggest that you change schools. This is because, Physics is a lab-based science, hence it cannot be done online.Another solution is, you could learn physics from another school, but you will have to talk to the IB Coordinator of your school for that.

Best of luck!

Edited by crazykid

This is literally what happened to me, as my school did not offer Physics HL as well. Different schools have different policies regarding this situation, so you probably should email ICL and ask them what they would prefer given your current circumstances. Sometimes schools will allow this, but may ask you to take other courses/exams (here it's usually SAT and/or AP). The most reliable way of knowing will always be to contact the university directly.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...