Space related Physics EE?

tim_72

Hi, everyone. Later this week I'm going to start the EE and I'm desperately trying to decide what I want to write about. At first, I thought about doing it on Geography or Maths, mainly because my other HL subject, Physics, requires a lot of experimentation that can get dull and tedious. Plus, I didn't feel very passionate about many of the topics that people used for their EE in Physics. 

Until I realized that since I was a kid I was always fascinated by space - it's, in fact, one of the reasons I chose to do Physics at HL. I decided I might write my EE on this, but thinking about how complicated things get up there, and having spoken to my teacher about it, I realised I might have to dig for ideas to get a suitable, testable topic (I mean who has the means to get into space nowadays? Apart from NASA and other space research groups, of course). One of my initial ideas was working out the ideal time for a space vehicle to leave the earth and travel someplace in space, for example, a planet. This would involve researching into, and possibly calculating the planet's orbits, mapping all the bodies that might get in the way and, using an experiment on earth, work out the gravitational field strength of these bodies to see how much they would affect the vehicle's path, and lastly, working out at what speed and how far from the planet the vehicle would be able to enter orbit. This would also involve experiments in a vacuum, which I can do. 

How does this sound? Thank you for your time

Edited by tim_72