Abstract?

k10manion

Hey, what is your EE about? The abstract is actually a summary of what you have done. You should include your research question and an explanation of how you proceeded in order to answer it. For instance:

The topic of this Extended Essay is the analysis of how in both William Shakespeare's [i]Macbeth[/i] and William Golding's [i]Lord of the Flies[/i] the characters are tempted by power and consequently become corrupt.. etc.

[quote name='Hedron123' post='28804' date='Nov 22 2008, 05:51 PM']Hey, what is your EE about? The abstract is actually a summary of what you have done. You should include your research question and an explanation of how you proceeded in order to answer it. For instance:

The topic of this Extended Essay is the analysis of how in both William Shakespeare's [i]Macbeth[/i] and William Golding's [i]Lord of the Flies[/i] the characters are tempted by power and consequently become corrupt.. etc.[/quote]

My EE is on the development of women's rights standards in Saudi Arabia in the last decade...Fits into human rights.

Should I just state the research question, outline the topics I mentioned and conclude?

k10, in the first paragraph you should make reference to the research question as stated in the example I made for you. You should include what you based your investigation on (in the case of Literature it would be the books that are used) and the purpose of your Essay. The second paragraph should refer to the method you have used in order to achieve your purpose. The last paragraph has to have the conclusions at which you arrived.
Remember that the abstract must be around 300 words (not more than a Microsoft Word sheet with line spacing of 1.5). I hope that this helps you to tackle the abstract. If you still have any doubt just ask.

Best Regards.

• 2 weeks later...