Science EE- Did you do a test run before conducting your experiment?

emu112

Hi there!

I'm doing my EE in chemistry, and I was told it is important to make small "trial" runs before you do the experiment. For me the issue is/was that I wasn't sure which variable I wanted to change during my experiment - I didn't know what would have the greatest (or any, really) effect on the experiment to allow me for conclusions. 

I would advise you to do small trial runs, so that you can change your topic accordingly if you realise you can't really do your EE on the initial topic.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 10:08 AM, mac117 said:

Hi there!

I'm doing my EE in chemistry, and I was told it is important to make small "trial" runs before you do the experiment. For me the issue is/was that I wasn't sure which variable I wanted to change during my experiment - I didn't know what would have the greatest (or any, really) effect on the experiment to allow me for conclusions. 

I would advise you to do small trial runs, so that you can change your topic accordingly if you realise you can't really do your EE on the initial topic.

Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply, but did you include these trials in your EE write-up? 

On 3/4/2017 at 9:22 AM, emu112 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but did you include these trials in your EE write-up? 

As a matter of fact, yes I did. Most of the technical stuff went/will go into the appendix, but it helped me justify my final method - its development is very important (according to my teacher, at least. But it's also good to know why you do what you do ;) ).

• Like 1