Approved Application and exams

Physics_world

On 27/02/2017 at 5:22 PM, Phys_tutor said:

Hi! i would like to ask you if the application of a student is approved from a university in February, how important is to achieve good grades in May exams?

Let me clarify something with the answer. It really depends on the university you apply to. 

Two major cases: 

UK - they mostly give out conditional offers, so finals are important // (oops forgot to clarify: If you get elite grades, you may receive unconditional offer but I am not sure if they will reject if your grade deviate a lot). 

US - yes they do give out "unconditional" offers, but they look into your final grade. If your grade drop way below your predicted grade (5 points or above) , they have the right to not accept you in the end.  (A lot of my friends from my high school experienced it) One famous university which does not give out unconditional offers anymore to IB students, NYU (including Abu Dhabi, Shanghai) 

Correct me if I am wrong if you are more experienced with US universities. But I am very sure with UK universities that finals are very important.

Edited by inriya
Clarification