Are these okay sources to cite/refer to in my ia?

udawn

Hi all,

I know that journals are the best sources for information in terms of psychology ia's, but would it be bad if i cite sources such as:

a slideshare that has concise information about the topic

simplypsychology.org

psychyogi.org

A citation/reference used in a wikipedia article?

I am having trouble finding free (clear and concise) sources for the studies I will be talking about in my IA (Pickel 1998, loftus 1987, Yuille & Cutshall 1986)

Just now, blindpet said:

You should ideally only cite proper journal articles. Most wikipedia or other articles will link to the original source articles in journals.

That is true, but what if the source doesnt cite the articles?

or what if  they reference multiple sources in the end, but do not specify which part of what they wrote are gathered from which articles?

On 2/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, blindpet said:

If the source doesn't cite the articles I would find another source, how can you trust a source that lists no sources?

If multiple sources are referenced the you go find those sources and see which one is the most likely/relevant

that is so true what am i thinking LOL // oh yeah thats actually smart HAHAH

for psychology ee's, is it necessary to base it around notable studies? Because I found a couple of studies from sagepub journals/researchgate  that are quite decent in helping me develop small points, but have yet to find proper sources for "notable" studies" (have yet to find notable studies related to my KQ too!)