I need help in finding a suitable Math SL IA topic

Zesty

I know that this is very cliche but I seriously need some help finding a suitable topic for my IB Maths SL IA. I started off with a couple ideas including how deep humans could travel in the ocean and the application of mathematics in bikes, specifically in the Tour de France. I'm finding out this task is getting harder by the minute and I would like to find a topic fast. I'm interested in geometry and calculus and am comfortable with applying it to a variety of different problems and am also interested in biking and swimming but at this point, any topic that has to do with trigonometry and/or calculus is greatly appreciated.

I have been searching for a topic for months and I don'y understand why but any topic right now is golden to me. Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the reply but I have since found a topic. I am exploring the downfall of the Tacoma narrows bridge and why the bridge built 10 years after is still standing. I've decided to use maths relating to the modelling of the suspension cables and also finding the area beneath them in hopes of finding some difference that may be able to support why the first bridge broke. In my opinion, I am lacking in the amount of math required so any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.

Again thanks for the quick reply and help! 😊

• Like 1