Individual vs. Group presentation

Hi, I am just discovering this forum and thought it may be a good place to ask a question I had. I am graduating June 2018, and my ToK teacher is just introducing the presentation to us. She mentioned during her introduction of the presentation that she really recommends that people work in groups of up to three, even though the requirement allows either that or individual presentations. She said that she would be very hesitant to approve individual presentations as she did not feel it matched the type of project that this is, however, in this wording of her feelings about individual presentations, she left a very small indication that she would very rarely allow it. I am very independent, somewhat shy, and therefore, I am not entirely friendly with everyone in my class. Many others who would have been my first choice to work with seem to already have their groups put together, and I feel as though working with other people will likely cause me more frustration than value. What are your views on this? Would it be unwise for me to try to convince my teacher to let me work alone? Please let me know. 

It's totally possible to do an individual presentation because that is explicitly stated so in the TOK guide. But since you're graduating in 2018, I guess this is just a practice presentation? If that is the case, then I think you should give it a try. Get out of your comfort zone and try to find somebody you can work with. Your future academic and work life will probably be filled with lots of group projects, so you may as well get used to it now. Who knows, maybe it will work out better than you have expected. For the real presentation though, I think you should try to be as comfortable as possible. If you think working with someone else might compromise your grade, then by all means, convince your teacher to let you work by yourself.