Hello!

I'm currently in IB2 in Sweden and am starting to plan for the summer. I think I want to go to an IB summer camp, but I don't know if it's good or worth it. Money is not a problem. 

Have you gone to an IB summer camp before? Where? Was it helpful and fun? Did you get time/help with your extended essay? Do you recommend it? Overall, how was the experience?

Thank you so much!!

There are IB summer camps?  I never knew this...

On a more serious note, I'm going to say that it's definitely possible to do well in the IB without going to such camps - I spent my last holiday studying up on my subjects, and it's helped tremendously.  If you feel it benefits you, then feel free to do it, but I myself would suggest that you save some time and do some (or a lot of) self-studying.  It's a skill you're going to need to pick up in the IB, if you haven't already.  

Edited by SC2Player
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't think it would necessarily be a sole cause to increase your Extended Essay grade, but whether you go is entirely your choice. The percentage it offers where it ways "98% say grades will increase" is very broad and I would not take programs like this very seriously. Nevertheless, since you seem interesting in these types of programs, you should look into IB World Student Conferences. They cost a bit too, but it covers your housing, food and programming. This years topics are on boundaries and global health. It is perfectly fine to study on your own as well but have fun! :)

Edited by sparkbufc
  • Like 1