Dress Code For IB Art Exhibition

sodonewithib

Hey guys!

It's exciting that the IB Visual Arts exhibition is coming up soon. It was never clarified or suggested anywhere though, how should we dress for the evening? I'm not sure whether it will be casual or quite formal. I'm really not the type of person that likes dressing up, I hate dresses/skirts. Anyone who has experience with previous IB exhibitions, I'd really appreciate the advice.

The IB exhibitions I've been too have always had this semi-fancy vibe in terms of dress code for the students exhibiting. They weren't wearing floor length gowns or anything, but I remember some of them wearing nice jeans with a nice top. My exhibition is next week, and my new teacher has written "black tie" on the invitation we sent out but I doubt that anyone is going to show up in anything too fancy. I'm probably going to go in a nice jumpsuit since I'm not so great with dresses either ^_^

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, S.S Louise said:

The IB exhibitions I've been too have always had this semi-fancy vibe in terms of dress code for the students exhibiting. They weren't wearing floor length gowns or anything, but I remember some of them wearing nice jeans with a nice top. My exhibition is next week, and my new teacher has written "black tie" on the invitation we sent out but I doubt that anyone is going to show up in anything too fancy. I'm probably going to go in a nice jumpsuit since I'm not so great with dresses either ^_^

Thanks so much for the reply! Yeah, I'm that basic person that wears pretty much the same thing to school every day, I've never had any interest in putting effort into my fashion haha. I'm dreading graduation as it'll be the first time I wear such fancy clothing :| Anyway, my teacher hasn't even mentioned dress code so I imagine it's not important which is a good sign :) Thanks again, good luck with your exhibition, I hope it goes well!