Should I do HL math or SL

jw201

Right now I have HL English, Math, Econ, and SL Spanish, Chem, and Film. I am wanting to do business for collage and have an A in math right now but I personally dont think I am good in it and only have a A through lots of studying. In addition I am looking into getting into an Ivy or at least highly competitive collage, with the business major. Should I do HL math and SL chem or should i do HL Chem and SL math, thanks!

HL Math is even hard for the people who have a passion for Math. So I think it would be better for you not to make yourself miserable during this non-stop occupation in your education life. If you have a chance to study HL Chem with SL math, go for it! (I would not be saying that if you'd say that you're going to study something like Engineering or Mathematics, I'm saying these things considering your choice of future: Business.)

Edited by Deniz Yavuz

HL Math is definitely not easy at all, but it provides a huge advantage for you when you graduate high school. To do well in the course, you definitely have to passionate about math, but you also have to have a strong background and a willingness to work hard. Most business schools do not require HL math, but if you take it and get a 5 or above, it will make your academic profile much more attractive. However, if you plan on going into Economics, HL math is definitely vital.

I'm in both HL math and HL Chem right now, so it's definitely doable whichever way you look at it. I think this comes down to your passions and future aspirations.

Hope that helped. 

• 4 weeks later...