IB Coordinator Not Complying

Yousaf05

Hey Guys!

So I am done with my viva voce and everything. For our extended essay, our senior librarian was supposed to upload the Extended Essay. Now the problem was that when she asked me for a draft, it was my second last version of the draft and I gave it to her. I had my viva voce on something different (major edits). Now she has already uploaded the wrong version for assessment. I went to her to asked it to be replaced and she won't do it since apparently my supervisor has never seen the file I sent her recently (the last version on which I had my viva voce on). She is not complying with me and nor is the coordinator even when I showed them the email of my supervisor and I exchanging the latest version of the file before the viva voce!

I did send an email to IB about wrong file being submitted, but they have replied that only your school coordinator is responsible for the act. Is there anyway I can get around this now or what? Since that version that she submitted and the latest version on which the viva voce was done on are significantly different in terms of formatting, diagrams and some wording since I edited. I can lose considerable marks due to this issue!

Please help! Thank you!

I will try that, I have a class with my supervisor again on Friday which is (set by the school) the absolute last day for submission. So hopefully will sort it by then.

Yeah the reason I got super worried is because the librarian and the coordinator said in a very hard direct way NO!! I had the discussion for a considerable amount of time but both of them were very rigid and said the NO like a trump card everytime after I finished talking.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Yousaf05 said:

I will try that, I have a class with my supervisor again on Friday which is (set by the school) the absolute last day for submission. So hopefully will sort it by then.

Yeah the reason I got super worried is because the librarian and the coordinator said in a very hard direct way NO!! I had the discussion for a considerable amount of time but both of them were very rigid and said the NO like a trump card everytime after I finished talking.

Thanks!

No worries. Also, I would advise that you actually email your coordinator beforehand (it can be a brief and cordial; that should help) and your supervisor (to ask him/her to support you). Having your supervisor there in person to corroborate you account will make everything run smoother. 

As somebody who stresses way too much over things like these, I think it's important to keep it in perspective. You've done a great job and lots of hard work on your essay, that's something to be proud of and naturally you would want to turn in your best work to IB. But in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

Hoping for the best-