Will i regret it? I'm an average student but I'm willing to put more effort

smuniz

I don't know if I'm doing this right, I recently found this website but I do have a couple of questions and it would be great if you could answer them. Also a little background info, I'm kinda an average student and tend to procrastinate a lot, but I'm willing to put a lot of effort into this. I usally get by with B's in all my classes with minimal effort/work.

I read a lot about ib students not having time to do anything? Is that true?

Is there time for netflix at all?

I like to read a lot too, so will i have time to free read?

I'm going to start next year in august the program and I'm nervus it won't work out, is it easy to drop out of?

How is social life? Does it restrict you? 

Anything will help and thankyou! 

I read a lot about ib students not having time to do anything? Is that true?

You may not have as much free time as you might have had in say, middle school, but if you manage your time properly, you are able to dedicate some time to a few hobbies.

Is there time for netflix at all?

Yes...? Again, if you manage your time right, you can watch a few hours of netflix a week.

I like to read a lot too, so will i have time to free read?

I can spend set aside a few hours of my week for reading.

I'm going to start next year in august the program and I'm nervous it won't work out, is it easy to drop out of?

If you choose to drop out first-year, yes. However, if you feel 100% certain lB isn't for you, drop out as soon as you can, as you will still have to do the extra work

How is social life? Does it restrict you? 

IB hasn't really affected my social life or whether or not I have friends. If anything, I've made friends by being in the IB, since I'm (usually) with like-minded people. If you mean getting together after school to  hang out, not many of us do that, but neither does the rest of my school (who are non-IB)

• Like 2

IB did not affect my free time except to force me to socialize more. That makes me sound weird but it was because I was locked in a room with 30 people for two years and didn't want to make enemies. Also, half of my year dropped IB in the first year. It depends on the school but it can be easy to try it. Even if it's not for you it's best to have tried it then not and regret it later. As for reading I spent more time reading the massive stack of English book more then my own interests but that just forced me to become a better reader and more open-minded about books. 

• Like 1