brusselsgirl

Hello all,

I'm in the process of selecting my IB courses for the next 2 years. I'll be completing the full IB at an established IB school so I have quite a few options. I'm interested in studying law or a social science at a UK university such as Oxford, or King's College. I think I have narrowed down my IB choices to the following:

English A Literature HL

History HL

Economics/Business Management HL

ESS SL (I know this is a 'soft' subject but I'm not a great science student!)

Math SL

Spanish A Literature/French A Lang&Lit SL 

What do you think about this subject combo? Do you think it's too hard, too easy? Also, do you think it's good for UK entrance and for the courses I'm interested in? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 

• Like 1

hey!

I am in my first year of IB, coincidentally I also want to go down that career path. The subjects i chose were:

HL English Lit

HL Geography ( really helped my understanding in the things happening around me and in far off countries, and as a future law student, you should have knowledge in every aspect of the world you can)

HL Business ( helps me enhance my management and leadership, plus aids in analysing business problems that i might need if i work in a law firm)

SL spanish

SL biology ( dont have a passion for science at all)

SL maths

Going into the IB , one element you need to have, no matter what subjects you choose, is organisation. with a plan of each day , you can conquer what you have to do but still have time for a social life!!!

Hope this helped c: 

1 hour ago, nicole_sa said:

hey!

I am in my first year of IB, coincidentally I also want to go down that career path. The subjects i chose were:

HL English Lit

HL Geography ( really helped my understanding in the things happening around me and in far off countries, and as a future law student, you should have knowledge in every aspect of the world you can)

HL Business ( helps me enhance my management and leadership, plus aids in analysing business problems that i might need if i work in a law firm)

SL spanish

SL biology ( dont have a passion for science at all)

SL maths

Going into the IB , one element you need to have, no matter what subjects you choose, is organisation. with a plan of each day , you can conquer what you have to do but still have time for a social life!!!

Hope this helped c: 

Thanks so much!! Would you recommend business over econ and geo over history? I don't have a lot of friends who have finished the IB so I'm totally clueless!! Thanks