Sign in to follow this  

Scholarships

I was thinking of applying to America, as I have heard that they give really good scholarships and I need one if I want to go there.
So how many points in the IB Diplomma you think I need to get for a scholarship? And what SAT score is the best? And is there anything else which is needed?

Scholarships really depend on what uni you wanna go to, but generally you probebly need more then 35 atleast to qualify for scholarships.
SAT well what is the best, you can have max 800 points on the subject tests. And for SAT I you can have a max of 2400 (3 parts of 800 points if i am correct) look at www.collegeboard.com for more info on SAT and application for the US including scholarships

scholarship applications should tell yu the requierments of thier scholarship. apply to as many as you possibly can because you won't get them all, even apply for the little ones (a lot of little ones = more money than you think). check with the uni too to see what they offer financailly

If you get 45 in IB, you get a full tuition scholarship (44 = half tuition) at Rochester University. I got this from the admission officer when he came to my school.

[quote name='Forester' post='29040' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:37 AM']If you get 45 in IB, you get a full tuition scholarship (44 = half tuition) at Rochester University. I got this from the admission officer when he came to my school.[/quote]

45 points and you get a full scholarship? plus required SAT I and SAT II of course...

Correct me if i'm wrong but this sounds too demanding for the university of Rochester to me. Sure they are a good university, but there are people going to Harvard, Stanford, Cornell etc. with less than 44 points and they get full financial aid there. I mean.... dude do they know how many people in the world get 44/45 points in the May or November Exams?? That's just rediculous!

Yep. The standard is quite high. But the aid at Rochester is merit based, while the aid at Harvard, Stanford, Cornell are need based.

There are scholarships of like 3000pa if you get 36 in Canada. (UBC i think?) Edited by Forester

[quote name='Forester' post='29090' date='Nov 27 2008, 05:24 AM']Yep. The standard is quite high. But the aid at Rochester is merit based, while the aid at Harvard, Stanford, Cornell are need based.

There are scholarships of like 3000pa if you get 36 in Canada. (UBC i think?)[/quote]

at UBC you can get a $4000 CDN scholarship is you have 36 points, $2000 CDN is you have 32 points and i think $500 if you have 28 points... i'm pretty sure those are right, I could be wrong