Changing Subjects

I am currently not passing my Chemistry HL course, and I would like to change to Art HL. My School's DP Coordinator said I can't move because I need to catch up on a specific number of hours, which I will definitely need to do to catch up on the 6 months work that I have missed. Is it my school's decision if I can change, or will it affect my IB Diploma in any negative way if I change after 6 months in grade 11. I am also willing to catch up on all the work I have missed, which does count up to the hours that I also missed for Art HL. Also, does it matter if I change late in the year, because as long as I catch up on all the work it is like I have been there since the beginning of the year.

Edited by Anthony Girgis

The only negative that can arise from changing your course in Grade 11 is that you'll have a lot of work to catch up on. However, if you're dedicated, you won't find it too hard to catch up. It's an HL too, which may make it a tad bit more difficult though. The final decision to let you change courses, however, rest with your school. Try talking to them again to let you change, or bring your parents to talk to the coordinator. If they see you are serious about doing Art HL, they won't have worries about you not being able to catch up.