Computer Science SL IA

got2integrate

Guys, I really need help. I had a couple of ideas for my IA but my teacher doesn't give me feedbacks for some unknown reasons. So the first idea was to create like a study guide + quiz application for a student in Math HL, and the other one was to create a Black Jack game. Guys, I'm desperate for help and I'm so worried because the teacher is really not that good and I'm basically teaching myself the whole syllabus.

Feedbacks, suggestions, ideas or anything is really valuable to me

Thank you.

Both are okay. Ultimately, your teacher will be the one grading the internal assessment, so it's difficult to offer definitive advice without talking to him. Some teachers are stricter than others. If you can, you should ask your teacher if a blackjack game is a valid solution to a problem (these are the words that IB uses in the rubric) or if he will take away points. If he says he will take away points for that—or if you can't ask him for whatever reason, then obviously choose the study guide and quiz application for Math HL. Choosing that, you will have a clear problem, client, and solution; which are all part of IB's grading criteria.

Both of those seem okay - my teacher showed us a bunch of examples from the official IB website for Computer Science IA grading, and I saw a mancala game that got a perfect score. As long as you can write it up as if there's a problem that needs to be solved (like Nomenclature said), you should be fine doing that. 

Mine was sorting animals by different categories for an animal shelter that my friend works at. You could ask around, see if anyone can help you come up with an idea and be your "client".