Getting into IB

pamreder

Hi all,

My high school just received IB certification and I've been contemplating choosing IB ever since they announced that were going to become a IB school. This week is the week we are choosing classes for next year and I decided to do enter in the full IB diploma progamme at the last minute. The main reason why I chose to do it was because the classes were topics that were interested to me compared to the traditional schools. I am planning on taking film for a writing class, orchestra and IB French along with it. I also plan to do Computer Science 1 year and ESS the other to satisfy science requirements. Any thoughts? Anything i should know about fully going into the IB programs? Suggestion? I would appreciate anything you would have to say, 

Thanks ^

You should know that there is a lot that you have to do and know throughout the course of the IBDP. Three of the main things that make the IB special are:

1. CAS - Creativity Action and Service

2. EE - Extended Essay

3. TOK - Theory of Knowledge

Due to the reasons above, you have to make sure you choose subjects that are not only useful for university applications but also something that you are passionate about. 

TIP: Know what you want to do in the future. Choose subjects that will help you to get into that course of study yet is still open enough to give room for any changes.