How Many People Are Needed for a CAS Project?

Jennita

So, recently, my teachers and my CAS coordinator has been urging the IB classes to choose a CAS project to do. However, we're all in a frenzy because we don't know how to split ourselves up or what to choose. I was just wondering what the minimum and the maximum amount of people are needed to do a CAS project. And, if starting a blog giving advice to other students may be considered a CAS project?? At this time, any advice will help! 

Thanks,

A Confused IB Student

Edited by Jennita

Hey, I was confused about the same thing before ahah. Basically - I think that it all depends on your CAS coordinator. I think that our coordinator would allow a group of 2 people, but yours might not? I have tried finding information about this on the internet but I have been unsuccessful so far -_- 

starting a blog giving advice to other students may be considered a CAS project??

Yes, I think so, but again it depends on your coordinator I think. Me and my buddies asked if we could run a blog and the coordinator seemed okay with that, but he said that we should rather make a youtube channel with videos about that sort of stuff instead of running a blog. We have decided to ditch that idea for now, and signed up to arrange the graduation day for the senior IB class instead :lol: Here it doesn't seem as there is a maximum amount of people that can participate. Our coordinator basically urged as many people in our class as possible to help with arranging the graduation, and our class is around 40+ people. So yeah, maybe talk with your coordinator to get the requirements that you need to complete the project? Because in the end, it is he/she who decides whether your CAS project is valid or not. 

Edited by myjn