What should I include in my Visual Arts Process Portfolio / Art Journal?

VictorG

Hi fellow IB students,

I'm significantly behind on my Visual Arts class and I'm an HL student. My teacher is really good, but most of the time he doesn't make things clear for us. One of the things I'm stuck on is developing more pages for my Process Portfolio/ Art Journal / Sketch Book (whatever you want to call it) and by know we should have done around 20 fully developed (A2) pages.

My topic/theme is "landscapes" more specifically, coastal landscapes. He has indicated to us that experimentation and research should go in the PP but he also insists on adding lots of Art historical work studies on our PP. Can someone please clarify things for me? I don't know how to keep moving forward with it and need some ideas or ways I can keep adding pages that are meaningful to it. 

I've looked at several samples online but I still don't really understand what needs to go in it. Most of the good samples I've seen are on the [thinkib.net] website, but these are blocked and you need to pay for them.

Your help is very much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

* I'm aware that this shouldn't be posted on the General Discussion section, but the section for Arts is very inactive *