Graph Theory IA

IBGrade45

I want to do an IA on graph theory and I have a pretty decent idea in mind but after going through the IA mark guidelines, I feel like my idea would be good for the standard level but not for the higher level. Basically I want to investigate if Europe is traversable and the shortest distance needed to travel round Europe and possible paths if it is traversable. Is there any way to increase the complexity of my work because that's too simple or even better would be a more complex situation/application to model using graph theory that would earn me a good grade.  

Pretty sure that that's related to the travelling salesman problem, which I'm fairly certain is of a sufficiently high level for HL math   If you restrict yourself to available roads, there are a large number of possible paths, and many different ways to determine which is the most effective (e.g. brute-force, the most inefficient method).