Should i talk about trump in my iop?

Probably, and I would recommend that you do - you need to make sure you analyse the techniques used by Orwell to convey his message instead of just finding links to today. Although the relevance of the text to Trump is definitely interesting, it's not really relevant for an analysis of Orwell in any form other than a brief sentence in the introduction/conclusion highlighting the relevance of issues/themes/ideas raised by Orwell throughout history and even now. 

Edited by terribletouw
  • Like 3

On March 20, 2017 at 3:31 AM, terribletouw said:

Probably, and I would recommend that you do - you need to make sure you analyse the techniques used by Orwell to convey his message instead of just finding links to today. Although the relevance of the text to Trump is definitely interesting, it's not really relevant for an analysis of Orwell in any form other than a brief sentence in the introduction/conclusion highlighting the relevance of issues/themes/ideas raised by Orwell throughout history and even now. 

I'm going to repeat what @terribletouw said, because it's good advice. If you really want to, it can be a one-two sentence line for your implications. Do not use it in the analysis, that is not the point of Literature A.

P.s. Loads of kids have mentioned Trump in their TOK presentations this year and in appropriate ways, so that might be something with which you can express your thoughts.

Edited by Nomenclature
  • Like 1