HELP! - Do I need to take biology to study dentristry?!

please help- I'm panicking!

I'm taking Hl Chemistry, French B, and English lang&lit - SL Math, ESS, Turkish literature

I want to study in Canada (Toronto Especially) , and I recently decided to study (or at least consider) Dentistry, but I don't take biology as an IB course.

Is it possible in any way for me to study dentistry?- Can I get accepted to any university with only 9-10th grade biology?

One of my close friends also wants to go in Dentistry. He said that Universities recommend taking Biology to follow the course. But its never set in stone and some universities might have different requirements. Try talking to your IB coordinators (you should probably have one) and ask about it.

Also, on a personal note because I also wanted to study in Toronto. Universities are really expensive, around $130,000 for 4 years in Art school. I guess that med school must be more expensive. So watch out for the prices if you don't want to pay student loans until your 50

Anyways, best of hopes!

In Canada, dentistry is a post-grad pathway. You need another university degree before you go to dentistry school. There's a lot of requirements to get in, and a lot of required biology courses.

You would probably want to get into a life science undergrad program here since you'll have enough room to take all the required classes for dentistry. Most would require biology for admission, so you'll have to do some research to find a suitable program.

• Like 1