physics lab reports

Aboud

hi, i am doin a physics lab report on electricity and magnetism, it requires showing the circuit that was conducted in the experiment, i am finding a hard time drawing one using the microsoft word simple lines and circles, so to all of you ohysics people does anyone a certain software that can draw electric circtuits easily ? thanx

ur welcome. Tell me how the programs goes, I might need it for future labs.lol

i didnt know how to use it.. lol, i guess it was designed for engineers not high school students who want to draw simple circuits, but i managed to find a software which was simple enough for me its called (tinyCad) chech it out its really useful.

@HMS, i dont know i just dont see drawing "neat" for a lab report, i like everything printed out... and done electronically.

• 2 months later...
i am finding a hard time drawing one using the microsoft word simple lines and circles, so to all of you ohysics people does anyone a certain software that can draw electric circtuits easily ? thanx

Have you tried LoggerPro?

It is really easy to use and gives you an excellent overview of the data. Try googling it and download it via torrents! :wub:

Edited by tomat

• 3 weeks later...
hi, i am doin a physics lab report on electricity and magnetism, it requires showing the circuit that was conducted in the experiment, i am finding a hard time drawing one using the microsoft word simple lines and circles, so to all of you ohysics people does anyone a certain software that can draw electric circtuits easily ? thanx

ya even i had a hard time with microsoft word and paint.....but our teacher says that we can hand draw it....it does not affect ur score at all and it is actually better cuz u r more carefull and u tend not to forget stuff...while on a program....u mite not know everything about it and find it hard to inculde all the desired information.....

i was also wondering.....if u use such a computer program and it has like a sample circuit (template) drawn for u on which u can add stuff......does that mean u have cite where u got it from??? just wondering????

well....good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Drawing in Microsoft Word is one of the hardest adventures I have pursued in later days.

It's almost as if Microsoft tried to give the end-user a big of a hell as humanly possible...

Tip: Hold shift while drawing lines to limit the angles of them to multiples of 45 degrees. :rolleyes: (noticed last week)

Hey Aboud did you by any chance do Ohm's law experiment cuz if you did I am having a hard time drawing error bars, steepest, and shallowest!

yeah we did that lab... i drew the error bars with Microsoft excel... it was a percentage eroor, i cant remember exactly but about 12% for each reading of resistance... i didnt draw two lines, i calculated the uncertainties and deduced the maximum and minimum value of resistance and then the percentage discrepency of both.

p.s: too late but i just read it now hope its not too late

• 1 month later...
yeah we did that lab... i drew the error bars with Microsoft excel... it was a percentage eroor, i cant remember exactly but about 12% for each reading of resistance... i didnt draw two lines, i calculated the uncertainties and deduced the maximum and minimum value of resistance and then the percentage discrepency of both.

p.s: too late but i just read it now hope its not too late

Hey have you tried Logger Pro? It's a program which lets you directly record data and plots it into a graph for you. Then all you do is type in the uncertainty (percentage or fixed value) and it draws in error bars automatically.

Give it a shot!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey have you tried Logger Pro? It's a program which lets you directly record data and plots it into a graph for you. Then all you do is type in the uncertainty (percentage or fixed value) and it draws in error bars automatically.

Give it a shot!

Yeah, I have tried it, but I still feel that it is easier to draw it by hand. Plus when you draw it by hand you can easily change it without making a fuss on the computer.