World Studies Extended Essay: Research question help!!

athedes

Hello! 

So recently I have been struggling to with the Extended Essay research question or topic in general. My supervisor isn't much help tbh, but I think I might have figured it out. Basically I am doing World studies in English and History. I chose immigration to be my global issue and decided to focus on Germany (my local area). This my research question:

To what extent did Germans try to push the Turkish guest-workers (immigrants) out of Germany during the time 1960-90s and how was literature used to isolated immigrants?

Is it any good? Is it too brought? The thing is I am not sure how I can bring English into this without trying to find a piece of literature and analyse it. 

Another thing is, a teacher of mine told us to choose the subject that we are going to study later but I don't think I am going into English and Literature even though I would love to do political science, my parents are planning something in Biology, basically science area. But I chose World Studies because I am really interested in global issues and political issues such as mass immigration, or identity politics etc. 

I think it's good but the way it's worded almost makes it sound like two investigations (unless you're going for two). What about "To what extent did Germans use literature to push the Turkish guest-workers (immigrants) out of Germany during the time 1960-90s?"