Graced with luck

diller

1. Don't promote such websites on this forum - what you've done is adacemic dishonesty and if they find this out you could lose your diploma.

2. If this story was real then I'm sure you'd be able to ask for a deadline extension at your school. Things like weddings are a special circumstance and any respectable school would give you 5-6 more days to complete this.

3. You were not honest if you did indeed submit the essay that was not competed by you. An outline is essentially the whole essay, just not expanded. 

• Like 3

Just wondering, but are the samples on https://ibessays.org/ actually any good for a general guide?  For example, the sample physics IA has nothing about safety/ethics, and doesn't seem to have much personal engagement.  The presentation is also somewhat cluttered (for instance, is it really a good idea to put the graphs at the end?), and the evaluation section seems quite brief, not really identifying any strengths at all (only issues, which it does do quite well I think).  Anyways, it's also15 pages long, and I'm pretty sure the sciences have a 12-page limit.  The math IA also ciontradicts the advice the website provides - it's 28 pages long, while it states that there is a "12-page limit" on it's "blog".   

It also seems that the essay mill may consider itself to provide samples to help guide IB students, seeing that it linked to such a legal consideration on Wikipedia on its chat when discussing legalities (not the best source, but other sources seem to confirm this).  Of course, if you do just submit the produced IA/EE/TOK/whatever verbatim, or use them without making major, significant modifications such that it is almost entirely your own work (i.e. actually doing the experiments and stuff yourself), then that is academic dishonesty.  I'm just curious as to whether or not simply posting the link is actually encouraging academic dishonesty, seeing as students themselves are ultimately responsible for what they do with the information the mill provides, which (I think) are supposed to provide guides, as opposed to actual things for submission.  

Edited by SC2Player
  • Like 1